The war of machines
The war of the machines has started already . Servers are talking to each other using the secured net environment to buy ad space inventories and agree on a price . And in the other side other servers are selling for the publishers all their inventories at the highest price. WoW But actually its more than this . Because the machines do not only do the purchase but also do the right purchase from the right seller for the right content and the right consumer . We are getting into the automation of the consumerism itself . Its intention is never to show a possible buyer a wrong ad that does not match his age, gender, location , interest , buying power , and even try to predict if he is in the right mood or not , using his social and search actions to depict his psychological state . My god . So we are erasing the media ad man by the math man . Yes , because all that is using mathematical models presented in a form of very sophisticated and complex mathematical equations . I remember my visit to a close friend in New York's biggest invest bank head office, and i heard the technical people arguing about changing the values of Gama to 5.2 and the Theta to 8.9 . they were actually modifying the constants in the equations of their system for the week end . Just like setting up an autopilot that will take care of the stocks they manage for their customers . Same is going to happen with our digital media ecosystem . Today a small percentage is using these DSP's and SSP's . And most of the global ad-space possibilities are done by human minds and well trained experienced specialists known as strategists . And still their qualities will vary dramatically . And we may see some miracles happening in some campaigns results . Tomorrow they will be different by learning how to fly a DSP using RTB protocols and showing even better results . Of course these machines are in their infancy when looked at after five years . I can predict by that time ,more than 85% will be traded on these platforms . While the remaining 15% will still go through the sales people. Today marketers are still concerned about branding issues . And cant accept just being shown on badly reputed content that can hurt some attributes of their brands . Even if it will bring a possible customer at a very cheap price . But as the ecommerce takes more and more of the economy or affect the traditional economy to mimic the ecommerce by stopping the lies and hitting on the performance , this new science will prevail and win the battle . It will stop the human error factor . It will make the advertising industry socially more responsive , adaptive and the consumerism will no longer becomes an anti social or a disturb . It will make it like a service to a beneficiaries . Not only that , but on the other end , it will tell the product development folks what the people need now and with all the details . So they can use it in their new product designs . While the middle east digital market is still behaving like the traditional market . We are with some others pushing the bar to create a more scientific market and bring to the market some good math scientists to create and discover our regional digital market mathematical equations . Let us stop at this logical point , and wait for our next blog . I may talk about Big Data for the Middle East .